Monday, March 23, 2009

A Delicious Dinner




As I am restarting again on Weight Watchers, my goal has been to cook more at home and eat out less. In my attempts to do just that, I have come up with a delicious, low point but most importantly, FILLING meal. It is healthy, easy to prepare and both my 10 year old daughter and I gave it a 2 thumbs up.

"Taco-Potatoes"

1 large potato (3 pts.)
3 tbs. light sour cream (1 pt.)
1 cup of salsa (0 points!!)
1/8 cup of low fat shredded cheese (1 pt.)
1/2 cup 85/15 lean ground beef (w/ taco seasoning) (2.5 pts.)
Handful of chopped, fresh, green onion & tomato (0 pts.)

I put the potatoes in the crock pot so they were ready when I got home from work. I quickly browned the ground beef, added the taco seasoning and some salsa. Once that was ready, I piled all of my ingredients on top of my potato and dug in! It is a great, easy recipe coming in at 7.5 points.

1 comment:

  1. Taco Potatoes are a staple meal at our house -- so yummy and so easy! Yours are more healthy than ours -- we put lots of avocado on top!

    ReplyDelete